Welcome to the Kindergarten/Grade 1 Webpage!
It short but fun week in K/1!
- Snowy mornings and recess!
- The /jH production of The Sound of Music
- Continued off reading month with Black Out Day
- First grade shared their non fiction books!
Spanish class monthly highlight:
During the month of March the students will continue learning about fruits and numbers to 100.
* Your child needs a warm coat, hat (or a hood), and gloves/mittens to go outside for recess. If snow enters the equation, your child will need
- waterproof jacket
- waterproof snow pants
- snow boots (and regular school shoes for indoors)
- waterproof gloves
- an extra pair of socks
* Please help your child remember to bring his/her water bottle to school each day!
* Please label all parts of your child's uniform with his/her name - it makes identifying misplaced items much easier!
* P.E. days are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Please be sure they have clothes for class outdoors.
The Stanwich Seven: Courage, Wisdom, Honesty, Compassion, Forgiveness, Commitment and Joy!
Our Current Focus: We will begin Honesty next week in Values. Motto: Hearts produce honest actions.
To reach us by email, please use: firstname.lastname@example.org
To leave a voicemail, please call: 203-542-2249 (Jaime)
Art: Emily Sullivan email@example.com
Spanish: Irene Brun firstname.lastname@example.org
Music/Drama: Kreg Gotschall email@example.com
Caroline Worra firstname.lastname@example.org
P.E.: Chris Cardarelli email@example.com
Annie Ambrogio firstname.lastname@example.org
Library: Beth Kiefer email@example.com
Wednesday, 3/6 - Black Out Day! Minimize use of all electronics, dress in all black for school
Thursday, 3/7 - Art Expo (12-7pm)
Thursday, 3/7 - Parent Conferences (3-8pm)
Friday, 3/8 - Art Expo (8-11am)
Friday, 3/8 - Parent Conferences (No School for the children)
Tuesday, 3/12 - Readers are Leaders Day - Dress as what you aspire to be when you grow up!
Friday, 3/15 - Spring break begins after regular 12:15 dismissal
Ms. John's Schedule 2018-2019
Winter uniform has begun! Please be mindful of sending your child to school with appropriate outdoor gear (jacket, hat, etc...)
Uniform checks will take place every morning before assembly. Please be sure to send your child to school in their proper uniform. On PE days, proper attire is also required for students to participate (sneakers are a must). Belts are mandatory for boys, and shirts must be tucked in!
Please send your child with appropriate outerwear based on the weather so he/she is prepared for outdoor play!
Please be sure to send a note with your child if there is a change in their normal pick up routine.
If there is a change in plans, in addition to emailing your child's homeroom teacher, please email Lilian Coutinho (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kelly Lametta (email@example.com) in the Lower School Office in case we are not able to see your email before we head out to dismissal.
Children will have about 10 minutes of homework per night, Monday-Thursday