Happy New Year! We were excited to reconnect with everyone this week.
Next week we are looking forward to starting the annual Math-a-Thon!
* Your child needs a warm coat, hat (or a hood), and gloves/mittens to go outside for recess. If snow enters the equation, your child will need
- waterproof jacket
- waterproof snow pants
- snow boots (and regular school shoes for indoors)
- waterproof gloves
- an extra pair of socks
* Book exchange books are due back on Monday mornings. Please help your child get in the habit of bringing books back after the weekend.
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. DiMinno & Ms. Barbieri
* Please help your child remember to bring his/her water bottle to school each day!
* Please label all parts of your child's uniform with his/her name - it makes identifying misplaced items much easier!
* P.E. days are Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
* Book exchange books are due back each Monday.
* Please look for your child's trick words in his/her folder each Monday.
* School starts promptly at 8am: Monday-Thursday the children have assembly at 8am, and on Friday the 2nd grade has P.E. and the 3rd grade has Spanish. Please try to get your child to school by 7:50 at the latest so that they have a few minutes to get settled before we leave the classroom. Attendance is taken by the teachers when we leave the classroom at 8am, so if your child arrives at school after 8am, please sign them in in the Main Office before they come down to assembly or to the classroom.
- P.E. Changing:
Tuesday/Thursday - the children come to school in regular Stanwich uniforms and change into P.E. clothes right before class (and change back into regular uniforms later on).
Friday - the children come to school in P.E. clothes (as P.E. is first or second period), and then change back into regular uniforms. ** This is a change from last year! **
- Homework: 2nd grade homework should take about 20 minutes, and 3rd grade homework should take about 30 minutes each night (Monday-Thursday. No Friday or weekend homework). Reading homework should be a combination of independent reading and reading aloud to an adult. Please help your child get in the habit of filling out his/her reading log each night and returning to to school in the homework folder each day. Thank you!
The Stanwich Seven: Courage, Wisdom, Honesty, Compassion, Forgiveness, Commitment and Joy!
Our Current Focus: Wisdom "Knowledge speaks, but Wisdom listens."
During the month of January the students will learn rooms of the house.
During the month of January the students will review the alphabet, numbers and body parts.
To reach us by email, please use email@example.com
To leave a voice mail, please call 203-542-2224 (Kate)
Specialist contact information:
Art: Emily Sullivan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Spanish: Irene Brun, email@example.com
Music/Drama: Kreg Gotschall firstname.lastname@example.org
Caroline Worra email@example.com
P.E.: Chris Cardarelli firstname.lastname@example.org
Annie Ambrogio, email@example.com
Library: Beth Kiefer, firstname.lastname@example.org
January 14-24 - St. Jude's Math-a-thon
Monday, 1/21 - No School, MLK, Jr Day
Friday, 12/25 - Charter Day (Wear your homemade Stanwich Birthday Hat!)
Tuesday, 2/5 - Grade 2/3 Play Rehearsal (gym)
Wednesday 2/6 - Grade 2/3 Play Rehearsal (gym)
Thursday, 2/7 - Grade 2/3 Performance of The Wizard of Oz, 8am (gym)
Thursday, 2/14 - No School (Teacher Professional Development Day)
Friday, 2/15 - No School - President's Day Weekend
Monday, 2/18 - No School - President's Day Weekend
Tuesday, 2/19 - Classes resume
Thursday, 3/7 - Art Expo (12-7pm)
Thursday, 3/7 - Parent Conferences (3-8pm)
Friday, 3/8 - Art Expo (8-11am)
Friday, 3/8 - Parent Conferences (No School for the children)
Friday, 3/15 - Spring break begins after regular 12:15 dismissal
Monday, 4/1 - Classes resume
Friday, 4/19 - No school, Good Friday
Tuesday, 5/21 - Lower School Spring Concert (time/location TBD)
Monday, 5/27 - School closed, Memorial Day
Tuesday, 6/4 - PreK-Grade 3 Piano Recital, 8:15am
Friday, 6/7 - Lower School Field Day
Monday, 6/10 - Rain Date for Field Day
Tuesday, 6/11 Closing Ceremony
Uniform checks will take place every morning before assembly. Please be sure to send your child to school in their proper uniform. On PE days, proper attire is also required for students to participate (sneakers are a must). Belts are mandatory for boys, and shirts must be tucked in!
Please send your child with appropriate outerwear based on the weather so he/she is prepared for outdoor play!
Changes in Dismissal/Playdates
Please be sure to send a note with your child if there is a change in their normal pick up routine.
If there is a change in plans, in addition to emailing both homeroom teachers, please email Lilian Coutinho (email@example.com) and Kelly Lametta (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Lower School Office in case we are not able to see your email before we head out to dismissal.
* 2nd graders will have about 20 minutes of homework per night, Monday-Thursday
* 3rd graders will have about 30 minutes of homework per night, Monday-Thursday